First she thinks that's she might be able to get money from her best friend Dr. Rank. But after thinking about it she changes her mind. What would you do if your husbands best friend confesses his love to you? What would you do and how would you react? Well Nora being Nora acted weirdly and she had told Dr. "Rank "You see there are some people that one loves and others that perhaps one would be with"(197 Ibsen.) This reminds me of what a famous person had said.
Don't you agree?
If I was Nora I would have chosen Dr. Rank because I rather be with someone that loves me instead of someone that calls me feather brain. But I also see why Nora stays with and its because he reminds her of her dead father (may he rest in peace).
After the disreputable of Krogstad coming over to Nora's house again he had told Nora that he go his letter that he wont be working at the bank anymore. He had asked Nora if she had thoughts about about running away or even anything worst. She had said yes because if i were to live back in those old days i would have felt ashamed and took the easy way out. After hearing hat you can tell that Krogstad was worried, he didn't feel that she needed to kill her self. What would happen to her children that she would leave behind? How would they get over the fact that there mother had killed her self because of blackmail. How would Helmer react to the truth after her killing herself? How would the excruciating pain effect her children? If I would have been Nora i would have told my husband the truth about everything that i had done behind his back i would have wanted him to accept the fact that i had done that . I mean whats done is done right you can't change that.
Do you know what is ironic about this act? Nora has to dance the tarantella. Which is a rapid whirling southern Italian dance in very quick sextuple, originally quadruple, meter, usually performed by a single couple. In which this case the tarantella explains how her life is spinning out of control. First she is went behind her husband's back, forged a signature, and borrowed money from Krogstad. Then she has to worry about Krogstad's threat and the letter he had put in the mailbox.
In order to stall her husband from going to get anything from the mail box she comes up with an excuses like this one "Yes , I know i should have, but I cant do anything unless you help me, Torvald. I've forgotten absolutely everything"(203 Ibsen.) This reminds me of a time that i told a lie to my parents so that they didn't have to go to our mailbox to get my report card because I knew that i hadn't gotten decent grades. Anyways, by the end of the act Nora already made a decision of what she was going to do to solve her problem. Since her mailbox has a key she can't get the letter Krogstad had left there so she's trying to stall him until after the tarantella. After that she had said these words "Seven hours till midnight. Then twenty-four hours till midnight tomorrow. Then the tarantella will be over. Twenty and seven........thirty-one hours to live"( 206 Ibsen.) Thun ThunThun..............
Do you think that Nora will actually kill herself and leave the easy way out or will some "miricale"happen that will save her from doing something crazy?
This was nice, i agree
ReplyDeleteI believe if people fall for another person than the person they're with, they should leave the person there with, and start a new life with the person you want to be with.
ReplyDeleteI commented on ROSELYN class naira janvier nina Martin and samiyyah
ReplyDeletewell , what if my boyfriends best friend confessed there love to me? hmmm.. honestly I wouldn't flirt like nora did but I don't know. its really a funny feeling. ehh I don't think shes going to kill her self. I just think shes over reacting but that's what she gets for lyingggggg. tis tis tis
ReplyDeleteLove the quote!
ReplyDelete